19 July 2008

Back to Sunny California

So the good news keeps on coming! I just found out I will be speaking on a panel on Queer Musical Genealogies at the Los Angeles Queer Studies Conference in October. My first panel paper and a chance to go back to a city that I am in absolute LOVE with? I am SO there!

My paper for this panel will be on lesbian musical identities in Showtime's drama The L Word. Of course, I am starting all the research from scratch, so I need to get rolling on that now. However, I am very excited to contribute to this panel with two brilliant queer musicology scholars from UCLA I met at the ECHO Conference.

I am excited not only by all the travel that awaits me this year, but the opportunity to stretch out my ideas into new interdisciplinary zones, such as this queer studies conference, the systematic musicology conference in Graz, and the popular culture association conference in New Orleans. If nothing else, I am sure these opportunities will stimulate a lot of new interdisciplinary connections. I am happy, in the nerdiest possible way.

No comments: